Tuesday, 14 January 2014

crochet update...



Hi lovlies, I hope you are all well. I thought I'd just pop in to say hi and let You see what I've been up to the past couple of weeks.  I decided to add more of a border to the nanny mcphee blanket and I am happy to say it looks a lot more finished now. I added a double crochet row and then a scalloped edge row. I'm really pleased with it now and think its my favourite blanket so far.


All folded ready on the pile for some snuggling up time.


Other things I've been up to is joining the crochet mood blanket 2014 group, I found on Hazels blog   http://www.hazelscrochet.co.uk/. These were the colours I decided upon.

 I'm using Lucy's, attic 24 hexy pattern.


I've also discovered the joy of applique crochet over the weekend and started with a toadstool :)

this one I knitted and made up the pattern...


I also made a heart one today from a tutorial I found on line.


Tonight I have been crocheting some flowers from an old Mollie makes issue, to make a garland for my new welsh dresser.



 I'll pop by soon to show you the results.


I've been surrounding myself with spring bulbs in the home, letting me know spring is just around the corner, keeping my mood up and counting down until I can get back out into the garden :)


These ones were reduced in M & S, £10. down to £2.00,they are coming along nicely.

And these lovlies are popping through out in the garden.

I,ll leave you with these I also got reduced, they are really brightening my day.
back soon, lots of love,
XxXxXx



22 comments:

  1. Love the blanket, and love the new crochet you are doing :) These cold January days are just perfect for crocheting :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket looks lovely and cosy! Just what you need for snuggling up with at this time of year! Great bargain too on the bulbs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really nice blanket, love the mushroom square as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'Nanny McPhee' blanket is so beautiful - great choice for the border. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie - your blanket looks really cosy. Little Son wants me to make an applique toadstool and I have downloaded some freebies from ravelry but I haven't time at the moment to have a go at making them. Yours is really pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything so pretty and fresh your toadie is a delight....D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you have been very busy! I do like the border on your nanny mcphee blanket! Thank you for sharing my link too! Your hexagons are looking beautiful!

    Your little toadstool is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will enjoy watching your mood blanket develop - your other crochet projects are gorgeous! The toadstool is fabulous - now I'm wanting to learn to applique crochet! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket has finished off beautifully, the dark border really looks neat. Your Mollie Makes flowers are going to be really lovely. I have been buying some bulbs too, I have paperwhite narnissi and mini daffodils I found on sale offers. I could fill the house with them! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket turned out so well! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely, that's really finished it off! I crocheted my squares together, I'm only about a quarter there.....one day it will be finished, decorating has taken over somewhat! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket looks fabulous and I really like the appliqued toadstool. I can't wait to see a whole blanket covered in those. Brilliant. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I might join in with Hazel's mood blanket .I love your toadstool an your Nanny blanket is superb. I love the border it really sets it off perfectly. Oh my goodness I feel another urge to make yet another blanket.
    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blanket Julie. You have been a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blanket looks lovely and so cosy to snuggle up with. I love the appliqued toadstool you created too, its gorgeous.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am impressed by your Nanny Mc Phee blanket. It looks beautiful!!!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Julie! That is an amazing blanket and what patience you have to be able to deal with all those ends!- my least favourite job. Really well done on this one and I love your applique too.Very inspirational.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many lovely things, I cant really choose a favourite!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julie, I have enjoyed all your recent posts as usual and especially your Christmas pics. Nanny Mc Phee is Devine and your new ventures

    ReplyDelete
  20. That comment came unstuck for some technical reason. Anyway I just wanted to touch base as we take off in Emmylou this avo for 6 weeks in the South Island which is so exciting. Of course I have packed some crochet and sewing to do and I hope to keep up with blogging and Facebook too. I have also booked my tickets for my UK trip May, June. Love your blog and things you do, blessings, Trills. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice blankets. You're good at knitting.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful makes, love the blanket x oh' that toadstool is fabby too x...love your home ~its lovely to see the snowdrops and daffs...sure cheer me up ;0)

    ReplyDelete